Specializing In Commercial Plumbing
Plumbing it’s all the same. Right? Not so, while many of the principles and skills needed are similar, there is a big difference on the commercial side. Commercial plumbers work with water supply and wastewater drainage systems for a variety of businesses, public spaces, building complexes, and high rises...much more demanding and sophisticated work than residential plumbing.
Commercial plumbers are also responsible for the regular service maintenance and repair of these systems. That scope of work can be almost unlimited, depending on the skill level and training. Our team can be found fishing in public bathrooms, wading in flooded basements, fixing broken fixtures in schools, repairing water pumps and other jobs never seen by a residential contractor.
Our Oakridge Plumbing Team helps with:
- High-rises and multiple levels: Gravitational forces make a bigger impact on water columns in piping, drainage, tanks, and other fixtures. Some of these facilities have 100’s of tons of water columns in the various sections.
- Efficiency: Leaks and inefficient heaters have a greater impact in industrial settings. They can cause a massive waste of energy and resources to maintain and fix, which means that commercial plumbers have to ensure the efficiency of these plumbing systems. They can also cause physical and monetary damage if left unchecked. Think about what would happen if a sink on the 100th floor of a high rise sprouted a leak for 4 hours and the impact to the floors below.
- Working hours: Commercial premises are occupied during normal working hours, so contractors often have to work outside of business hours so that they can work uninterrupted or cause interruptions to normal business.
- Scale of work: Bigger buildings, interconnected water systems, sophisticated equipment used, and bigger potential problems to handle. Commercial premises can also use industrial-grade equipment, such as boilers, fire systems, piping, etc., that require specialized knowledge. When it comes to building quotes for commercial projects, it’s crucial that every task and material is itemized so the projects get approved quickly.
- Maintenance standards and regulations: Commercial plumbing relies on preventative maintenance to avoid large-scale problems. The systems in a high-end commercial building or a hospital, for example, cannot afford to fail. Plumbing runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week without a break and must be able to handle constant use. Specifically in restaurants and hospitals, the water supply and drainage systems have to meet various specifications to meet health code requirements and avoid potential health violations.
We have what it takes to deliver commercial plumbing services via our Oakridge Plumbing team, including 24/7 emergency services. Get peace of mind, contact one of our licensed professionals: email@example.com or (289) 404-9063. Oakridge Plumbing Ontario Ltd. serves the East GTA, Durham Region, North to Lindsay & Peterborough, out to Cobourg and all points in between. Commercial & industrial. All Rights Reserved.
|Tags:Plumbing NewsPlumbing Tips|