Current Trends in the World of Plumbing
Technology weighs heavily in this year's top plumbing industry trends, from growing demand for smart homes to pipes that tell on themselves when they spring a leak. Consumers increasingly ask the plumbing industry for green living products, ways to reduce water usage and recycle water, and for touchless plumbing fixtures.
Here's a quick overview of some current trends in the field you should be aware of before taking on any plumbing work.
- Smart fixtures: As younger generations become homeowners, there is an increasing demand for smart technology all over the house, including with plumbing fixtures. Some examples include smart water heaters, Bluetooth showerheads and touchless digital faucets, much like those you'd often see in public bathrooms, which help reduce water flow. There are also water-conserving smart toilets with lights or seat warmers, and other touchless fixtures.
- Tankless water heaters: If you have a water heater tank reaching the end of its lifespan, you might opt instead for a tankless model when it comes time to make the replacement. These types of water heaters are capable of producing hot water on demand, and are much more efficient than the standard models with large tanks. While they will be more expensive up front, you can expect to save 25 percent or more on your water expenses every year, while also reducing the energy that goes into heating the water.
- Smart pipes: Speaking of smart technology, these features aren't just limited to the end-point fixtures like showerheads and faucets. You can also implement smart pipe systems, which will monitor your water pressure in the pipes and pinpoint the exact location of any leaks or breakages. Should you ever have any plumbing problems in your home, this will make it significantly easier for you to find the issue and address it quickly before the leak causes further damage.
- Reduced water consumption: Today's consumers are much more focused on environmental friendliness and sustainability than those of the past, which means they'll want new appliances and fixtures to conserve water as much as possible. This means using low-flow showerheads, water-conserving toilets, certain types of faucets that limit water usage and other such features. Not only will the use of these features help to reduce water consumption overall, but it will also help save property owners money.
- Convenience and luxury: Touchless faucets, frameless showers, dual flush toilets, sound systems and adjustable pressure settings are amongst the latest to be offered.
These are just a few examples of some of the plumbing trends you can expect to play a role in the industry in 2021. If you are considering any plumbing work or upgrades in your home, we encourage you to reach out to us if you have any questions or for information about some of the latest plumbing technologies: firstname.lastname@example.org or (289) 404-9063.
PipeMasters is part of Oakridge Plumbing Ontario Ltd. and serves the East GTA, Durham Region, North to Lindsay & Peterborough, out to Cobourg and all points in between. All Rights Reserved.