Choosing The Right Plumber
Picking the right plumber may not be as simple as it sounds. Pick the wrong one and you could be paying way more than needed. Be it a large or small problem, it's important you hire an honest and skilled plumber who can be trusted to complete the job efficiently and satisfactorily. Going with an inexperienced handyman you found off Kijiji, for example, could result in low-quality work that might cost you even more in the long run due to additional repairs or damages.
Here are a few factors to consider:
- Experience: It always helps to work with a plumber who has been doing the job for quite some time. Larger companies may have multiple plumbers covering a broader range of experience, but in any case, it's a good idea to at least go with a company that has several years or more of operational experience, which will indicate they have a track record of quality workmanship.
- Licensing: Licensing ensures the plumber has achieved a certain level of training and can be trusted to provide you with quality work. You can do a quick internet search to check license records for your area and make sure a plumber who claims to be licensed actually is.
- Insurance: You should never work with an uninsured plumber. Insurance policies protect both you and the plumber in the event an accident occurs on your property during your job.
- Warranties: Does the plumber guarantee their work and the parts they use? It's pretty standard for plumbers to have warranties covering their work for up to a year. A lack of warranties indicates the plumber not really wanting to stand by their work, which should raise some red flags.
- Reviews and references: Do some research into your potential plumber's background and customer service capabilities. One of the best ways to do this is to browse online reviews on Google Reviews. You can also ask the company for some references to satisfied clients, or ask around to your friends and family to see who they would recommend. If the company is unwilling to provide references or testimonials, this is a sign that you're probably not going to want to work with them.
- Price: Price isn't the sole factor you should consider for hiring a plumber, but it's definitely something to consider. Do they charge by the hour or will it be a fixed rate? An estimate can help you better understand what the job will cost. Quality parts can also impact the pricing a lot, so make sure you're comparing like materials and skills.
Reach out and have a discussion with your potential plumber, it's a great way to begin the vetting process and get some of your biggest questions answered. For more information about our plumbing services, contact PipeMasters. Our licensed professionals can help: firstname.lastname@example.org or (289) 404-9063.
PipeMasters is part of Oakridge Plumbing Ontario Ltd. and serves the East GTA, Durham Region, North to Lindsay & Peterborough, out to Cobourg and all points in between. All Rights Reserved.